Advantages to Using a Snake Cable
Snake Cables were originally intended to be used in the broadcast industry. Snake cables are hard wire multi-pair audio cables that feature individual jacketed and shielded pairs giving optimum protection against signal loss. Snakes are ideal for use as line level or microphone snakes. They can also be used to interconnect audio components such as console board equipment for recording studios, TV and radio stations, post production studios, and PA system installations.
Snake Cables offer many advantages
- Low capacitance insulation materials
- Spiral, braid, and other foil shielding for special interference problems.
- Jacket and insulation materials
- High temperature resistance
- Low profile appearance (smaller footprint)
- Easy to terminate and identify
- Reduces crosstalk and interference
- Easier to use when needing longer cable runs
- Cheaper than buying multiple single channel cables
Snakes come in various terminations and connectors. Common connectors are male XLR (microphone) and/or 1/4" male stereo on one end and either a stage box with female XLR connectors and/or 1/4" stereo connectors or pigtails with female XLR connectors and/or 1/4" connectors on the other end.
Seismic Audio Speakers carries many different types of Snake Cables.
We have snakes that are fantail to fantail
and we have snakes that are fantail to stage box
Currently the longest snake cable we carry is 100 feet. We have 8 channel snake cables
, 12 channel snake cables
, 16 channel snake cables
, and 24 channel snake cables
with stage boxes in many different configurations. We plan to have a 32 channel snake cable in the near future.
If you require in technical support or advice with Snake Cables, give us a call at 901.363.6030 or send us an email.